Friday, February 27, 2009

Foodie Friday: Individual Buffalo Chicken Pizzas


I told you that I had an idea for the remaining crust that I didn't use. This past weekend I made good on the idea for buffalo chicken pizza. M and I had this one time from Sams and boy was it good. Since I had some left over blue cheese, blue cheese dressing, and hot sauce, I thought that I would give it a go.


I started with the leftover dough I had from my basic dough recipe. I had already rolled the two remaining portions into crusts and had them waiting in the fridge.


1. Put the pizza stone in the oven while it is preheating to 425.

2. Cook one large chicken breast, dice it, and coat it with melted butter (about 1/2 T) and hot sauce (about 3 T).

3. Spread blue cheese dressing on the crust as your sauce.

4. Top with chicken.

5. Sprinkle on some blue cheese crumbles. (Sprinkle to taste. I put a few too many on for M's taste, but it was good for mine. He mentioned something about mold. Blah, blah, blah.)

6. Top with shredded mozzarella.

7. Once oven is up to temp., transfer to pizza stone. (I made a real mess when I did this. I probably should have asked M for some help. At least it all landed on the pizza stone and not the oven itself.)

8. Bake for around 15 minutes.


I know that this pizza has no redeeming health qualities about it. (I take that back, it is on a whole wheat crust.) But it is very good. So enjoy in moderation and you will live to tell about it.

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

SO when are you going to create a cookbook? I"d buy it!

Kristi said...

You would not only buy it, but read it cover to cover. :o) Love you hon! Mwah!