Tuesday, November 25, 2008

4 Months!


I have been pregnant for four months as of yesterday. It is crazy how slowly and yet how quickly the time has been going. Part of me just wants to fast-forward to May and part of me wants to enjoy every minute before then. I guess that awaiting the birth of your first child is a bit of an emotional roller coaster. There are the daily concerns with how the baby is doing. There are the thoughts of what it will be like to be a parent. And there are the more practical thoughts of what stuff we are going to be needing and when we should start collecting it. The best part of all these thoughts is that I can daily leave it in the Lord's hands. His hands are much more capable of such things and it is not something that I can control anyway.


Our baby currently is the size of an opened hand, 5 inches long. Most of our baby's body parts and systems are in place. Now it is just a matter of maturing and growing. Our baby can even hear noises in the world around him/her. (That means it will come out knowing what the sound of its mother yelling because he/she gets to hear it daily at preschool.) :o/


We have started to collect a few baby things. (A crib mattress, some used onsies, some darling gifts from a wonderful friend.) They are all sitting in the room that will be the nursery. It is crazy to walk in there and see baby things. It never fails to put a smile on my face.


I have made the jump into maternity clothes. (Although the trapeze style shirts that are in style now work well with the early belly, too. Thank you Kohls.) Maternity pants sure are a lot more comfortable than trying to squeeze into my pre-pregnancy ones. Besides, once you have those knit top maternity pants on and covered with a shirt, no one even knows that they are there. :o)


I go to see the doctor again a week from today. I am praying that it is another quick and reassuring visit. For now, I am going to enjoy all of the Thanksgiving food that I can. (And try not to let the weigh-in at the doctor's office get in my way.)

No comments: