Friday, September 13, 2013

Foodie Friday: Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza

Peachy loves artichokes! Like, watch out if you have them on your plate, she may just feel the need to snatch one from you! You know we have a love for pizza around this house. We usually either make our own or get a take and bake from somewhere. Her favorite pizza to order from Papa Murphy's is the Chicken Bacon Artichoke. The other night when I was making pizzas at home, we had everything we needed for our own Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza. Here are the results:

I decided to try out the Pioneer Woman's pizza crust recipe this time, rather than my old faithful. I really enjoyed the results. It was a more fluffy crust. It does take an hour or two to rise, which worked out this time. I think I will keep and use both. I will use PW's crust for days I can start the pizza early, and my old faithful for days I need to expedite the process.

As you can see, the pizza did end up quite tall. I think if I were to make it again, I would roll the dough a little thinner and try to chop the ingredients a bit more.
The white sauce recipe I used was pretty good. I wouldn't have minded a bit more garlic, but Mr. Cherry liked it as he isn't a huge strong flavor person. You can find the recipe I used here or feel free to use store bought.


Chicken Bacon Artichoke Pizza

Ingredients:
  • pizza dough
  • white sauce
  • diced, cooked chicken
  • diced artichoke hearts
  • bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • diced green onions
  • shredded mozzarella cheese
  • shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
  1. Prepare crust according to recipe or directions and place on pizza stone or pan. (Make sure to use corn meal on stones and cooking spray on metal pans.)
  2. Spread crust with white sauce.
  3. Add toppings.
  4. Top with cheese.
  5. Bake pizza at 500 for 10 to 12 minutes until crust appears golden and cheese is fully melted and delicious!

No comments: