Tuesday, March 31, 2009

When Life Gives You Flood Days . . .

make a baby quilt. With the entire week of no school, I needed to find something to keep myself busy and from going crazy. In the process of moving our downstairs to the upstairs I made sure to keep the sewing stuff for the baby's room accessible. Since Friday I have been working on the crib quilt and today I finished it!!

Here is what my initial plan was:



Here is the sketch I made before beginning:

And here is the finished product:

I am fairly happy with it. The only bummer is that not all of my rows lined up. I seem to have that problem when it comes to quilting. I am just not precise enough. I don't think that the baby will mind. This is probably the best binding job that I have ever done, so that redeems me to some degree.

I am hoping to work on curtains this week, too, and maybe a few other projects.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful! You are a really talented quilter. I could never make anything like this!

SAB said...

This looks awesome to me. I love the colors that you picked. They are so fun!