Friday, March 13, 2009

Foodie Friday: Creamy Chicken, Bacon, and Tomato Pasta

**I forgot to take a picture, so I stole this one from the Kraft Foods website, but you know my presentation was just as nice.**
We had this for supper this week and it was delicious. This time I meant to follow the recipe and ended up changing it by mistake. However, both M and I agreed that it was a good mistake.
Here is the ingredient list from Kraft Foods:
3 cups whole wheat pasta
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
3 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta as directed on package.
Meanwhile, cook chicken in large skillet on medium heat 5 to 6 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. Add bacon, tomatoes, cream cheese, water and pepper; mix well. Cook 3 min. or until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
drain pasta; place in serving bowl. Add sauce; mix lightly. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
When we started eating, I thought, "Wow, this kind of has a bite to it." The longer I thought about it I realized what I had done. I accidentally put in the diced tomatoes with chilies that I had bought for a different recipe in place of the Italian style tomatoes. The little hint of spiciness was actually quite good. Lets just hope that the Italian tomatoes taste as good in the taco soup I had bought the tomatoes with chilies for.

No comments: