Monday, September 23, 2013

Distressed Picture Frames and Silhouette Art


My friend Lori is moving away from me. (Insert very sad face here.) Lori is a very special person. She is thoughtful, always giving, and never expecting anything in return. I needed to do something special for her as a going away present. I settled on a little state project. After perusing Pinterest and Etsy, I came up with a plan. Using frames I already had on hand,
I did some sanding, painting, sanding, and paint wiping and came up with a great finished product. (I may have started a new hobby, just what I need. :o)
I hit the local scrapbook store, it may not be an Archivers, but it is pretty darn close. I picked out the perfect paper prints for the project and then sat down at my Silhouette. I cut out the state shapes and then used this file for the other picture.
After some cutting, double stick taping, and word writing, I was really happy with the results!
I just may be making a few more!

1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is VERY cool. I love the distressed look of the frames!