Friday, January 29, 2010

Ooey Gooey Cheese Balls


I bought a huge block of Mozzarella at Sams Club. It is so nummy and good. It has me thinking up all kinds of recipes so that I can enjoy it. (M even shredded some for the top of our frozen pizza last night. Mmm, mmm, mmm.) I decided to do a spin on the pizza bites I made a while back. I started with my basic dough recipe. Once the dough was ready, I divided it into 12 sections. I rolled each section into a ball around a chunk of Mozzarella. I put each ball into a cup of a muffin tin that I sprayed with cooking spray. (I wish that I would have brushed the tops of the balls with melted butter and sprinkled them with some garlic powder, but I didn't.) The balls baked for 15 minutes at 425. (Just check for when they start to brown on top. To finish the meal off, I opened a can of soup and warmed it on the stove top. (That is the beauty of cooking. You don't have to be Betty Crocker all of the time. Some of the time is just fine.) These would also be good just served with pizza sauce for dipping.

No comments: