Friday, December 11, 2009

Foodie Friday: Pizza Bites

We love pizza. M and I think that we could eat pizza everyday. There are so many varieties out there I really don't think that we would get sick of it. I found this recipe on the blog For the Love of Cooking I made sure to enter it on our December menu. After making it, I think that it will be making many menus after this month as well.

Start with my basic dough recipe. (I doubled it so that I could make two pans and we could have leftovers.)
While dough is rising, get your favorite pizza ingredients ready. I used Mozzarella, Feta, sliced black olives, and mini pepperoni slices.
Grab walnut sized pieces of dough. Flatten into your hand and place desired ingredients into the dough. Seal dough around the ingredients. Place dough rounds into a greased pie tin. Brush tops of bites with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to taste.
Bake in 400 degree oven for 16-18 minutes. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
This recipe would be great for kids to help out with. (They would probably have to be older than Little Peachy, though.)


2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh these sounds delicious. And filled with yummy ingredients, even better!!! I can't wait to make these. Thanks for the recipe!

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Maple Memories said...

Those sound delicious!!! Will have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing!