Friday, November 13, 2009

Foodie Friday: Multi-Cooking

This week I am going to a Mom's Night Out. We are doing an appetizer recipe exchange/taste testing/contest. I am looking forward to it as I could live off of appetizers alone. I decided that I would make Buffalo Chicken Dip. In order to get a bit ahead, I decided to chop the celery and carrots earlier in the week along with cooking and cutting the chicken. As I was chopping the veggie sticks, I also was making our supper of Tuscan Soup. Since I was already slicing, dicing and stirring, I added a pot of chicken noodle soup to the stove. Now I have two full containers of chicken soup in the freezer ready and waiting.
Here is what I did for the chicken soup:
I boiled two chicken breasts in water with salt and pepper until they were fully cooked. Once they were done, I removed them from the water and cut them into bite sized pieces. I then returned them to the water along with diced celery, carrots, and onion. I let this all simmer for about 30 minutes. After letting it cool, I poured it into two containers and put them in the freezer. (I didn't add the noodles yet. Cooking, freezing, and reheating noodles tends to make a mooshy mess. Instead I will add the noodles before eating.)
Sorry that I didn't get any pictures. Making three dishes at once and caring for a 6 month old doesn't always allow for Kodak moments.

No comments: