Friday, May 8, 2009

Foodie Friday: Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake


I made this coffee cake last weekend when my parents were visiting. I got the recipe from "The Taste of Home Cookbook." The only bad part is that it is all gone now. Oh well, on to the next recipe!!

Ingredients:
-2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
-3/4 c. sugar
-3/4 c. cold butter
-1/2 t. baking powder
-1/2 t. baking soda
-1/2 t. salt
-3/4 c. sour cream
-1 egg, beaten
-1 1/2 t. almond extract

FILLING:
-1 pkg. cream cheese softened
-1/2 c. sugar
-1 egg
-1/2 c. raspberry jam
-1/2 c. slivered almonds

1) In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Remove 1 c. and set aside. To remaining crumbs, add baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the sour cream, egg and almond extract. Mix well.
2) Spread in the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
3) For the filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until blended. Pour over batter; spoon raspberry jam on top. Sprinkle with almonds and reserved crumbs.
4) Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; remove sides from pan.


**Every time I typed raspberry I thought rasp-berry in my head. Is this odd?**

1 comment:

Taryn said...

mmmm- I love cream cheese!