Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Beginning of a Quiet Book


Little Peachy is rarely found sitting still. If she is awake, she is on the move. While I love this about her, it does make church a bit difficult.

For a while I have had making her a quiet book on my to do list. I finally got around to starting it. She now has a quiet book with the letters A-F. Hopefully I will get the rest of the alphabet made before she goes to kindergarten!!
I wanted an interactive book, but I didn't want all kinds of pieces to keep track of. Each page has some element that is firmly but not entirely attached.
I made the pages out of a heavier weight muslin that I cut to size and when I have two complete, I serge around the edges. When I finish a page, I add two small button holes so that they can be attached to the clips. (I am not sure of the proper name for the clips. They are the hinged circle clips that have an opening that can be purchased at office supply stores.) Most of the images were found through Google images. (What did we do before Google???)
I think that about sums it up.I'll be sure to post the rest of the pages as I complete them. Let me know if you have any questions.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

love this!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Love this! Your pages are fabulous. My little guy needs one of these! TFS. Visiting from SDC. Hope you are enjoying your week! ~Stephanie Lynn

edeenut said...

very nicely done. they are so much fun for the kids to enjoy, and I love having it for church. thanks for stopping by!

Decor To Adore said...

This project made me heart go pitter pat. Well done.

Tiffany said...

This is beautiful! Wow! Love the fun and bright pictures you made with the letters! Nice job. My kids would love this!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Super sweet! These projects take so much time. I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

Аt thіs time I am going aωаy tо do my breаkfast, when having
mу breakfаst cοming yet again to гead fuгthеr news.


Μу blοg post :: premature ejaculation pills