Friday, October 3, 2008

Foodie Friday: Blueberry Scones



Its no secret that I have a weakness for good coffee. And nothing goes better with coffee than a delicious bakery product. In my dream world I could swing by Starbucks every morning on my way to work and order a tall coffee and a scone. In the real world, that would cost over $100 a month. Hmm, not going to happen. So, once in a while I dabble in the bakery business. This last Friday I baked up a batch of some good old blueberry scones. They were not quite Starbucks quality, but they are gone. Must count for something.


I found a new recipe to try on the Food Network website. I followed the recipe for the most part. (Shocking, I know.) I did use frozen blueberries which made the dough a bit too sticky. I probably added another half cup of flour when I was kneading the dough. I also used the leftover egg white and brushed the scones before baking.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

I don't usually like scones but, mmm, those look great.