Remember Peachy's tie-dye birthday leg warmers?
I do! I also remember that I promised you a tutorial on how I made them.
Here is the tutorial I shared on Sumo's blog last Friday.
Toddler Leg Warmer Tutorial (AKA The Easiest Tutorial You Will Ever Find!)
1. Purchase knee high socks. (They have a great selection at Target for $2/pair in the women's sock section. The pair I am using today came in a three pair set from Wal-Mart in the girls' department.)
2. Measure the length of your child's leg.
3. Cut your sock the length of your child's leg. (Measure from the cuff of the sock down. You will be cutting off some of the leg and the foot of the sock.)
4. Set your sewing machine to a small zig-zag. Stitch around the sock where you made your cut. As you stitch, pull the sock. (This creates the ruffle edge. If you are having trouble getting the sock to ruffle, try pulling a bit harder.)
5. Repeat with the other sock and you're done.
I am linking to: