Sunday, November 8, 2009

Scrumptious Sunday: Pumpkin Roll


Sorry this post is late. (Do you like the title, though? I do!) I hosted stamp club this month and knew that I wanted to bring something with a taste of fall. I saw this recipe on a can of Libby's Pumpkin Puree. It sounded yummy to me (and it was!!)
(I have to admit that the picture above is from the Libby's website and not my pumpkin roll. It did turn out looking pretty good, though.)

Ingredients:
Cake:
-1/4 c powdered sugar
-3/4 c flour
-1/2 t baking powder
-1/2 t baking soda
-1/2 t cinnamon
-1/2 t ground clove
-1/4 t salt
-3 eggs
-1 c granulated sugar
-2/3 c pumpkin puree
-1 c walnuts, chopped (I didn't add the walnuts. I am not nuts about nuts.)
Filling:
-1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temp
-1 c powdered sugar
-6 T butter, softened
-1 t vanilla
-powdered sugar (for decoration)

Directions:
For Cake:
Preheat oven to 375. Grease 15x10 inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. (Sprinkle with nuts if you must.)
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes (until top of cake springs back when touched.) (If using a dark colored pan, begin checking at 11 minutes.) Immoderately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.

For Filling:
Beat cream cheese, 1 c powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

2 comments:

Renée said...

This is my husband's favorite thing this time of year. I made bite size ones for a reception last weekend. Thanks...

Laura said...

This looks amazing! I'd love to wake up to this for breakfast tomorrow.

Feel free to stop by my Etsy shop for free earring Fridays! http://www.etsy.com/shop/alongfortheride