Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Homemade Christmas Gift #1


I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like to give homemade gifts. They are one-of-a-kind, a way to stretch a dollar, and a way to show you care.
M and I pooled our efforts on this one. We made a three-in-one clock to send to my sister and brother-in-law in Japan.
M cut, routed, stained and sealed an oak board. He also routed out three spots in the back for the works. He installed the works (which we ordered from Clockkit.) We used scrapbook metal adhesive dots for the number spots and scrapbook label holders to mount the names for each clock.
You will have to ignore the Styrofoam. I meant to take a picture before we sent it. I succeeded, but not before it was packaged. (Also, the top picture should be rotated, but Blogger was being silly, so you will have to mentally rotate it!!)


1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is SO cool. Wow... I just love this. What a personalized and fun gift.