Friday, January 15, 2010

Foodie Friday: Stuffed Peppers


When life gives you aging green peppers, I suggest that you stuff them!! That is what we did last weekend and it was a very tasty treat.
Ingredients:

-green peppers (I bet you never would have guessed that one.)
-ground pork sausage
-1 jar tomato bruschetta topping (I had this on hand from my parents. If you don't have any, use chopped canned tomatoes and add in onions and ground chili peppers.)
-cooked rice
-garlic powder
-salt
-ground black pepper
-cumin
-chili powder
-paprika (this has become one of my new favorite seasonings)
-pepper jack cheese
1. Brown pork. Drain fat and add in bruschetta. Season with spices and seasonings. Add cooked rice.
2. Cut off the pepper tops. Remove seeds and ribs.
3. Fill peppers with pork mixture.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Top with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
**Note: Some recipes have you boil the peppers before stuffing. Since ours were already very ripe, I skipped this. If your peppers seem very firm you may want to boil them first.**

1 comment:

☂niki. said...

looks tasty! i just may have to try these.