Thursday, January 14, 2010

Decade In Review

As I wrote yesterday, the decade spanning 2000-2009 was quite the decade for me. It was filled with changes and new life experiences.


It all started when I student taught in the fall of 2000. I was in a 1st and 2nd grade classroom with one of the best supervisors. I really enjoyed my student teaching experience and learned so much through it.



After finishing my four years in college it was time to graduate!! I was ready to be done and moving on with my life. Here is a picture of me and one of my wonderful friends on that beautiful day in May of 2001.







And move on I did. That summer I loaded up a moving van and headed west for my first apartment in Montana. Check out the beautiful scenery that was around every corner!!




I started out my teaching career by working in a small, one-room school for three years.







While M and I had met several times before my move, it was during this time that we got to know each other well. Throughout my four years in Montana, M would swing through on his way to the ski slopes and eventually we started dating.






In the fall of 2004 I was blessed with the opportunity to start a preschool at my church in Montana.







After one year of teaching preschool in Montana I moved on again, this time to get married in June of 2005.



Now I would share an apartment with my hubby. (My first time of having a roomie since college.)







In the fall of 2006 I was able to start my second preschool, the first at our church.








Summer of 2008, time to move again. This time into our first house.





And then in May of 2009, I hung up my teaching hat to and took on a new title, stay-at-home-mom.


And that is just a small part of all that happened. I attended countless weddings, became an aunt for the first, second, and third time, was able to travel and see many of the friends and family that I love, gained a brother-in-law and a sister-in-law in addition to the rest of M's family, and so much more!!


I really don't think that any other decade will compare for change and growth, but that is just fine with me. I am ready for a boring decade anyway.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

And I was blessed to be part of almost all of that! I love you!