Friday, February 12, 2010

The Olympics Are Coming

(Foodie Friday will be temporarily postponed this week. The stomach flu hit our house and no cooking has been done. The good news is that Peachy and I seem to be over the worst of it and M hasn't gotten it, yet. I am hoping to post some of our Opening Ceremony snack recipes tomorrow.)

The Olympics are a big deal in my family. As M likes to say, "The Olympics are Kristi's sport." I can watch the most mundane of winter sports as long as they are part of the Olympics. I love the personal stories that are brought out when so many athletes from so many varied cultures all come together. Needless to say, I am way looking forward to the Opening Ceremonies tonight.

M made the Opening Ceremonies all the more special when he proposed to me while we were watching the Athens Opening Ceremony in 2004. So, now it is somewhat of a tradition in our family to have snacks and watch the Opening Ceremonies. (I had a great snack spread the night of our engagement thanks to a Tastefully Simple party I had hosted during the week.)

Tonight my parents happen to be coming to visit, so I am planning an extra yummy snacky/supper in honor of the Games.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I so wish that we lived closer to each other, because this sounds like exactly how I feel about the Olympics, and I would love to have someone to have a party with. Hope yours is awesome!!