For this project, I bought inexpensive beer mugs (mine are from IKEA) and using glass paint added a fun feature. Once stuffed with a favorite treat, this mug is a gift any dad would appreciate.
1. Thoroughly clean your glass.
2. Make a mustache template out of Contact paper.
3. Adhere the template to the glass. You will want to make sure to position it so that it looks as if the drinker has a mustache. I went a few inches down from the lip of the glass. I also made sure to make it on the correct side. (For this you will have to think about whether the recipient is right or left handed.) Also make sure to rub around the edges of the Contact paper. This will ensure that no paint leaks through.
4. Apply the paint following directions on the bottle. I found my paint at Hobby Lobby by the other acrylic paints. Just make sure that the paint is for glass. After applying several coats and allowing them to dry, I peeled off my Contact paper. My directions had me put the glass into the oven and bake at a certain tempertature for a set amount of time.
5. Stuff with a fun treat, or present with a favorite beverage!
I am linking to the following parties:
Somewhat Simple: Strut Your Stuff