Monday, February 25, 2013

Taking Care of Business

Over the last few weeks I have been working hard at gearing up for my second indie craft show. It was a true labor of love and now that I have lived through it, I can share the experience with you. Two years ago a group of friends decided to bring an indie craft show to our area. I was blessed to be chosen to participate and it was awesome. The response was much greater than anyone could have guessed. Last year the venue was changed to a local art museum. I was able to attend that year, but with a 5 month old, didn't apply. As I walked around looking at all of the booths I knew I would have to try to apply again for the 2013 show. So, in the middle of December I listed some new items in my Etsy shop and applied on line. A few days before the new year I got an email saying that I was in!! I was so excited. And really since then I have been using most of my spare time to gear up for the show. Mr. Cherry even took the girls away for a weekend so I could focus on sewing.

This past weekend was the big event. Mr. Cherry and I went to the museum to set up Friday afternoon. After getting my booth all set up I quickly drove home and got ready for the special gala night. It was fun to mingle with customers and talk shop a bit with the vendors around me. It was a great laid back atmosphere to start off the show. I headed home for the night where I stuffed a few more crayon rolls and finished up two more up-cycled puppy dogs.
The next morning I was back at it, but there was no relaxing on Saturday. They always give away 100 swag bags to the first attendees and that brings a mad rush from the start of the day. I would say the crowd started to thin out around 1 pm, but people came to the very end at 5. It was a long day that flew by. I had so much fun selling my items, people watching, and soaking up the atmosphere. I had some great vendors around me who I chatted with throughout the day. The organization of the show is done so well and the organizers take such good care of the vendors. It is really like no other craft show I have experienced.
At the end of the day, Mr. Cherry and the girls came to help me take down after a very successful few days. I tried a few new things for the show that I will share another time. For now, I am off to enjoy a day back at my regular day job. You know, feeding tummies, changing bottoms, and cleaning rooms. I am actually looking forward to it.


Lisa said...

Wow! Your booth looks amazing! I can't imagine how many hours and hours you spent getting ready for that. Congrats!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

You are so awesome. Your booth looks amazing and those owls are amazing. How fun to do this.