Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fun at the Fest

This past weekend I was able to participate in our area's first indie craft fest. While I was lacking in the body art department in comparison with my fellow sellers, I had a great day. The crowd was thick and steady and willing to spend their money.

When I originally had signed up to enter I was too late and the 40 spots were already filled. However a few vendors backed out and that left an opening for me. We were encouraged to have fun setting up our six by six foot booth space. I had all kinds of ideas rolling around in my head. However, I never sat down and figured out how small a six by six foot area really is. Thankfully Mr Cherry stepped in with his engineering head and helped me figure out an arrangement that would work.
I raided the entire house for creative ways to display my merchandise. A shelf from here, a mirror from there, the crates we are currently using to store Peachy's toys. Needless to say, I have my work cut out for me this week in getting everything back to its normal location. Whenever I do a show I am always amazed by the amount of merchandise I actually have stashed away in our basement. Let me tell you, when it came time to set up, that space was filled and then some.

After a full day of selling I am down some merchandise and up some cash. Just where I wanted to be. If you want to check out what I was selling, you can go over to my Etsy shop, kiki b omi designs, and take a glance.Now I need to work on filling it up again.

No comments: