Monday, October 15, 2012

Catch Up Time

Okay, so time is moving way too quickly right now. I just can't believe that we are already half way through October! True story, I saw calendars for sale a Jo-Ann Fabrics the other day and thought, "Wow, those have got to be greatly discounted." Here I was thinking that they were from the beginning of this year. It didn't occur to me until a while later that they are actually for 2013 and we are nearing the Holidays and New Year. Yikes!
Since it has been so long since my last post, here are a few glimpses into our life over the past couple of weeks.
1. We already got our first snow. It was gone by the afternoon, but it was covering the ground. Yikes!
2. Someone from church gave us this cow costume. Peachy loves it. She had already decided on being a pumpkin for Halloween, but thinks that she will wear this for Christmas. Bwa ha ha!
3. Last weekend we went to visit Mr. Cherry's parents. The girls loved the time with grandpa and grandma. Mr. Cherry and I even got to have a date night. We also went to a huge craft store, Trader Joe's, Home Goods, and IKEA! We now have storage for our lower level and for shoes in the entryway. Now to just get them assembled.

4. Since it has cooled down here, I have been enjoying using my fall and winter recipes. We have had pumpkin brownies, caramel corn, and chili in the crockpot. Now if only time would slow down a bit and allow me to cook all of the other recipes that I would like to.
5. I decided to enter one of the bigger fall craft shows in the area. So I have been trying to get some projects done for that as well. It hasn't been easy finding crafting time lately, but I have the rest of this week to get it all done.
6. This weekend we met with my photographer friend to do some family pictures at the park. It was the same park that the girls and I were at for these pictures. However, the view had changed a bit due to the colder weather and snow. The leaves were brown instead of yellow and on the ground rather than on the trees. But I still think it was a great session. Unfortunately, I lost my engagement ring while we were at the park. Thankfully we were able to find it the next day. Phew! I will post the rest of the story tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Busy, busy! I love the cow costume and the story about it :) And I can't believe you guys got snow! I think I would have cried if we got some here...although, I do remember it snowed in Chicago on Halloween when I was in 8th grade.