Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homemade Crayon Valentines


Looking for a fun and unique Valentine to make this year? Gather up your old and broken crayons and recycle them into new ones for the valentines on your list.
Here is what to do:
1. Remove all wrappers from your crayons.
2. Break and cut crayons into small pieces.
3. Place crayon pieces into a heart shaped silicon tray. (I used an ice cube tray that I had purchased at IKEA.)
4. Place silicon tray onto metal baking sheet in 250 degree oven until crayons are completely melted.
5. Remove tray from oven and allow wax to reset.
6. Pop crayons out of tray.
I wrapped up the crayons in a bag and closed it off with colorful ribbon and a fun tag. I also included some coloring pages that I printed off of the computer onto quarter sheets of paper.

Color your valentine's world this February and make these crayons!

I am linking to these wonderful parties this week.
Today's Creative Blog
Making the World Cuter

8 comments:

Sue Frazier said...

what a cool idea! these are adorable!

Cassey @http://natural-nurturer@blogspot.com said...

i love this. I run a daycare and this is great. Thanks...New follower

Janny said...

I found you on Sassy Sites. This is a cute idea- useful and sugar free- a great combination for a unique Valentine.

momto8 said...

fun all around! very creative idea!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

Sassy Sites! said...

CUTE!! I'm always looking for new Valentine's Day "treats". This one is perfect for the moms that don't like their kids to have the sweets! Thanks so much for linking up to Sassy Sites for our Friday ffa party! Have a fabulous weekend!

XOXO!
marni

Sassy Sites! said...

GOOD MORNING! Just so you know... you were featured today over at Sassy Sites! You got a BIG shout out so come by and grab a button! XOXO!

Marni

Boden said...

Really? How stinkin' sweet are these! I'd love if you'd come and share this at the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

p.s. Feel free to link up any other projects you might like to show off a bit! :)

p.p.s. I am LOVING your bright and cheery blog, it made my smile!

Unknown said...

I adore this idea! I never know what to do with all those leftover pieces of crayons. I'm your newest follower.