Friday, January 2, 2009

Foodie Friday: Christmas Cookies

I was very busy in the kitchen over the last week. (I even had a helper.) I went through magazines and looked over internet sites and picked out the recipes that I wanted to try this year. I think they all turned out with the exception of the Eggnog Truffles.

Layer #2: (left) Cranberry-Orange Oatmeal Cookies, Million-Dollar Caramel Cookies (from Parenting Decemeber/January 09)







Double Chocolate Chunk Biscotti (from Better Homes and Gardens website)



Layer #1: (left to right) Soft and Spicy Gingerbread Cookies (Good Things Catered), Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (Taste of Home December/January 09), Peppermint Chocolate Cookies (Rachael Ray Magazine) (I also substituted Heath bits for the peppermint on some), Spritz Blossoms (Better Homes and Gardens)



Microwave Fudge Sampler (Womans Day December 2, 2008) (Pictured is chocolate, we also made the peanut butter, we did not make the pistachio)

Dare to DIY

10 comments:

Emily said...

Yum! That fudge looks to die for!

Smith Family said...

I'm so glad you posted this because I wanted a few of these recipes. I'm doing the Million Dollar ones tonight cause they're Evan's "favoritest cookie of all of Christmas." I'm using caramel kisses instead of rolos since I hear rolos are a little hard to find and the kisses were 62 cents a bag after Christmas. Thanks again. :)

Anonymous said...

You've been busy!! They all look delish!

Jen@Notes From the Heartland said...

Wowee....you'd better sit down! That's a WHOLE LOT of baking for one weekend. Everything looks so yummy....I can't decide which I would try first!!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Holy moley, girl. You baked like I've never done before. Amazing. Thanks for joining in this week. I've gotta try the microwave fudge. I've never tried making it, but I sure love eating it. =)

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

there are just too many to choose from!! great cookies!

Lucky Girl said...

So yummy! Are the Million Dollar cookies the ones that are chocolate formed around a rolo with icing sugar on top? What recipe do you use?

Kristi said...

Yes, Lucky girl, they are the cookies formed around a Rolo. I added sanding sugar and Heath bits to the top of mine. The link to the recipe is above the second picture in the post. It is from Parent's magazine a few years ago.

mel @ the larson lingo said...

I can't wait to make the fudge! I have been on the hunt for a good fudge recipe! Thanks for linking up all these yummy recipes!

Melissa said...

The fudge looks fabulous, but the cranberry-orange cookies caught my eye, too!

I can relate about the eggnog truffles. One year I made eggnog cookies, and they were NOT a hit! They almost could have been useful, though ... as in "Behave, or I'll make you eat an eggnog cookie!" (I'm kidding!)