Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Play Area Inspiration

One of the main areas I am focusing on in my organizational binge is the downstairs play area. Last year we made some changes down there. The main one being adding  an IKEA Expedit shelving system. And while that definitely helped in getting all of the toys corralled and put away, it still needs some work to make it functional and welcoming.
I put together my own little inspiration board for the space. Included are these ideas: (Please click the link to get the ideas from their original sources.)
I am loving these Mammut stolls turned mushrooms.

These play pillows are graphic and just plain fun!

The simple addition of paper pennants to a table add such a great splash of color.

And adding to the pennant idea, these gorgeous photo pennants.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Fun! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Our playroom is such a disaster...I'll probably get it organized about the time my kids no longer need a play room.

Lisa said...

All adorable ideas! Playrooms can be so fun to decorate, but it's so hard because the kids just mess them up!