Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Tour 2012

I promised you a while back for the complete tour of our home with its Christmas decorations. I finally got a sunny day to snap some shots. (Yes, while many other states are dealing with rain and snow today, we got sun. I am a happy lady. I know that we will get plenty of snow. I am okay with putting it off a little while longer.)
You have seen the entryway decor and can read about it here.
And you can read about my table off-center piece and chalkboard here.
Here is our tree. We seem to relocate it every year. This year it is more out in the open. I like that because we can use the entire tree. It is a small tree and we have many ornaments. It is always such fun getting the ornaments out of the box and remembering where they are all from.
Here is a new addition this year. I knew I wanted to do something with my window. I ended up going with a fabric garland and simple wreath. I really like how it turned out.
I made this Christmas banner last year. It hangs on our hutch with the snowflake ornaments on each side.


At the top of the stairs we have a little table that has my favorite Christmas decorations on it. I have been saving vintage glass ball ornaments for a while and now have enough to fill a small hurricane jar. (With a fun little vintage elf thrown in.) My mom bought me these pine cone elves last year at a great little store in my hometown. I love their character and whimsy! And then there is this fun little deer as well. Peachy also really likes this area as she is constantly rearranging the elves and trees.
This is our third year of hanging our stockings and Christmas cards on the curtain rod where the picture frames usually hang. (You can see how it normally looks here.)
I got these fun glass ornaments on Christmas clearance one year. I vary how I use them from year to year, but this year they are all nestled in a bowl with a birdie friend.
The girls have several toy nativity scenes. I couldn't resist adding this picture in of their FisherPrice set. Love that there is an unknown gentleman talking on his phone in front of the manger. Wouldn't that be the case if Jesus were born today?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I LOVE the idea of the cards hanging by the stockings. Are those clothespins holding the cards?