Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dare To DIY: Dare to be . . . Thankful

Dare to DIY
The awesomely amazing Kim of Newly Woodwards is at it again this Holiday season. Just like last year, she is hosting a Dare to DIY blog party. You can read about some of my 2009 entries here, here, here, here, here, and here.
The first week dares us all to make our own Thanksgiving project. You should check out some of the terrific projects already posted in this week's link up.
I already had this project in mind and Kim's party got my rear in gear to getting it done. Thankfully I was able to give it the finishing touches yesterday so that I can share it with you today.

My project started with a basic unfinished wood frame from Michaels. After adding a base brown acrylic paint base coat and some distressing, the frame was ready for Modge Podge and scrapbook paper. Using alphabet stamps, I stamped out the words Give Thanks, cut them out, and using pop-up tape adhered the letters to the frame. The finishing touch of a Peahcy picture and an easy Thanksgiving craft is complete.
handmade projects








Dragonfly Designs


giveaways


Photobucket



5 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute. Love the size and shape of the frames and the great colors. And, don't get me started on the cutie inside the frame.

You always have the best projects. Thanks for linking up this week.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What a cute frame - love that you can do this every year, or change the pictures!

Christie describeHappy said...

Great frame, I really like the color of the words and the way you staged it with those bits of plant!

Karen said...

that is adorable. I love the paper! Great job. Saw you on Strut your stuff! Stop by when you get the chance;
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

Sandy Ang said...

Fab frame!