Friday, December 19, 2008

Foodie Friday: Monterey Tortilla Casseroles



I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. I am on their email list to get a recipe a day. This one sounded yummy and it was! We decided it was a little on the spicy side. I used medium salsa verde and next time will definitely switch to mild. (I guess we aren't as tough as we think we are.)


-6 6-inch corn tortillas, each cut into 6 wedges

-2 c cubed cooked chicken

-1 c frozen whole kernel corn

-16 oz salsa verde

-3 T sour cream

-3 T fresh cilantro

-1 T flour

-1 c cheese (they suggested Mexican Chihauhua, I didn't have that, go figure, I used pepper jack)


1. Spray four 10 to 12 oz baking dishes with cooking spray. (I had to use five as two of mine weren't big enough. I really can count.) Place 5 tortilla wedges in the bottom of each. Place remaining pieces on a baking sheet; bake in at 350 until crisp. (About 10 minutes.)

2. Combine chicken, corn, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, and flour. Divide among four dishes.

3. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and arrange baked tortilla pieces atop casseroles. Top with cheese; bake 5 to 10 minutes. (Garnish with extra sour cream, jalapeno slices, extra cilantro, and tomatoes if desired.)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That really looks good! I have added it to my "I need to make this SOON" list :)