Monday, September 12, 2011

Ruffle Pillowcase


I knew that I wanted a fun pillowcase to bring to the hospital when delivering Baby Cream. A quick Google search found this tutorial at Little Birdie Secrets for a pillowcase with contrasting bands. I followed the tutorial except for when it came to the small band. There I cut two strips of fabric to give me double the length so that I could gather the fabric for a ruffle. I sewed the two strips together and then ran a gather stitch close to the edge. When inserting the band, I gathered it up and made it match the length of the other two pieces of fabric. There is something to be said about recovering on your own pillow and a fun pillowcase just adds to the comfort.

I will be linking to the following parties this week.

7 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is so darn cute! I love the fabrics and the ruffle. It really makes it.

Stephanie said...

Cute--i love the patterns you picked!

Angee @ October Morning said...

Very cute. I love the colors.

Marie said...

So cute! Love the fabric you chose! Way better than a boring white hospital pillow! So glad you linked up with us at Show & Share! I have an awsome giveaway going on right now! Would love to have you join in that too!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Kimberly T. said...

That is really cute! I love your colors and fabrics.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

Very cute! Such a fun pattern !! :)

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees said...

Such a GREAT idea! We are featuring you tomorrow at the start of a new What I Made Wednesday Linky Party @ Sweet Peas and Bumblebees! Come and grab a button and join in on the fun!

Alisa