Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Random Ramblings

Here are some things that have been on my mind lately. Nothing huge, just a smattering of thoughts.
1. You don't realize how loud your two year old is until you bring your newborn home.
2. I used to like noise all the time. If I didn't have tv on, I had music playing. Now, whenever I get the chance, I choose silence. Driving alone in the car I do not always turn the radio on, now I cherish a few quite moments.
3. Why do most shopping carts do such a poor job of holding our car seat? Don't stores want moms to shop there? What am I supposed to do with my infant while I shop if there is no way for her to ride in your carts?
4. No one is more aware of germs than the mother of a newborn. I must wash my hands 20 times a day now.
5. I had always heard that when you have a second child you realize how easy it was to care for one child. That is so true.
6. I find it amusing how many different theories there are out there on newborn care. One expert will tell you to never wake a sleeping baby. The next will tell you that you need to feed them every three hours sleeping or not. I have come to realize that the baby is the only one who really knows what is best. As long as they are healthy, leave them to their own schedule. Newborns know when they are hungry. They know when they need sleep. They know what is best.
7. Two kids in diapers makes for a lot of diaper changes throughout the day.
8. True happiness can be found when all of your children are sleeping and you get a few moments to yourself.
9. If you are a stay at home parent, you are just as excited to see your spouse at the end of the day as the kids are.
10. A supportive spouse is one of the most important things you can have in raising your children.

No comments: