Monday, September 5, 2011

Dinosaur Taggie Toy and Tee

I always enjoy giving homemade gifts. It is fun being able to give the recipient something that is one of a kind and created from my heart. When we were recently invited to a one-year-old party, I came up with this dino-mite gift. :o)
For the tee-shirt I appliqued a dinosaur shape cut out of cotton fabric. I stitched around him and added an eye with an iron on transfer sheet.
Then I made his friend the taggie toy. I simply cut out two dinosaur shapes from cotton fabric and rainbow ribbon loops. I first stitched the loops onto the right side of one of the dinos. Then I stitched the two dinos together, wrong sides together, leaving a spot for the stuffing to be inserted. I clip curves, turned it right side out, and stuffed it. I then slip stitched the hole  together and used a fabric pen to draw the eye.
A fun gift for a fun one year old.
I am linking to these parties this week.
Todays Creative Blog

4 comments:

Beth @ Hungry Happenings said...

The polka dot fabric is really cute.

Janelle said...

That little toy dino is sooo cute! Visiting from Southern Lovely.

If you have time, I would love for you to join my first giveaway:

http://ofpinksandfairytales.blogspot.com/2011/09/giveaway-my-memories-suite.html

Hope to see you there!

Janelle
Of Pinks and Fairy Tales

Lindsay said...

How adorable is this?! I would love to have something similar for my little guy. Super cute! Thanks for sharing this @ Show & Share! I appreciate you stopping by!

Chef in Training said...

this is so cute! I love it!

I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/