I found this yummy recipe at Bakers Royal and decided to make it for Mr. Cherry's birthday. And even though I made it in way too big of a springform, it was still delicious.
Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
Makes one 9 inch pie or three 4 inch mini pies. Preparation: Lightly butter springform pan if it is not non-stick. If you do not have a springform pan line a cake pan with a piece of lightly buttered foil leaving a one inch over hang around the edges for easy pie removal or alternately use a traditional pie pan.
- 24 oreo cookies, crushed
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ½ cups Cool Whip
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup confectioner sugar
- ½ cup crushed Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Oreo Crust Instructions:
- Place Oreos in a food processor or blender and pulse until cookies are finely crumbed. Alternatively, place Oreos in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Mix in the melted butter and then firmly press crumbs into pan to create a crust. Bake crust at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes.
Reese Peanut Butter Pie Filling Instructions:
- Place peanut butter and confectioner sugar in a pan over low heat and stir until combined and peanut butter is melted. Set aside for five minutes to cool. Gently fold in peanut butter mixture into Cool Whip until combined. Gently fold in crushed Reese’s pieces into peanut butter Cool Whip mixture.
- Pour mixture into Oreo crust and freeze for 3 hours. Garnish with caramel and chocolate drizzle (for added decadence rim with chopped Reese’s pieces).
|Happy Birthday, Mr. Cherry!!|
I am linking to: