Friday, February 8, 2013

Foodie Friday: Vanilla Baked Donuts

Remember that donut pan that I had to get while I was at the end of my pregnancy with Cream? You don't? Well, you can read all about it here.
While I don't use it all the time, it does make the odd appearance in our kitchen. You can read another recipe here.
When I saw this recipe from Shugary Sweets on Pinterest recently for Vanilla Bean Baked Donuts with Strawberry Frosting, I knew I would be getting my donut pan out again.
I followed Aimee's recipe except I added two Yoohoo Strawberry milk individual serve packets to the donut batter and again to the frosting in place of the gelatin. I didn't have strawberry gelatin on hand and did have the powdered milk mix. (Dollar Spot impulse buy one day.)
The donuts are yummy as usual. All baked donuts lack the fried goodness of a real donut, but they are still a tasty treat.
If you are looking for a fun February snack I would suggest these.
image: Shugary Sweets

1 comment:

Emily said...

I feel the need to jump on the baked donuts train, these look so good! Maybe for B's birthday next week...