Friday, January 18, 2013

Foodie Friday: BBQ Chicken Three Ways

This is a simple way to cook once on during the week and end up with at least three delicious meals. And even better, the first round of cooking is in the slow cooker!

Start by preparing pulled BBQ chicken. Here is how I do it, but feel free to do it however you normally would.

Pulled BBQ Chicken
1. Place 4-6 chicken breasts in slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Cover in BBQ sauce. I also like to add some sliced onions at this point.
2. Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on medium or low.
3. When chicken is cooked through, pull the breasts out of the cooker and shred it using two forks and pulling the pieces apart until they are the size you desire.
4. Drain the cooking liquid from the cooker and place your shredded chicken back in. Pour in more BBQ sauce until the chicken is moist.
5. You can either eat the chicken at this point or let it cook in the sauce a little longer.
Number 1
Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
1. Place the pulled chicken on buns. (I used pretzel roll sliders and they were delicious.) Add whatever condiments you desire. I like mustard and some hot sauce. Top with a slice of fresh mozzarella.
2. Toast the sandwich until the bread is lightly toasted and the cheese is melted.






Number 2
Pulled BBQ Chicken Pizza Braid

For the second meal I used this recipe from Red Tricycle for their BBQ Chicken Pizza Braid. I pretty much followed their recipe and used my standard pizza crust recipe.








Number 3
Pulled BBQ Chicken Salad
For the third meal I used this delicious recipe from I Heart Nap Time for BBQ Chicken Salad. I just ended up using ranch dressing that we had at home rather than making the one in the recipe, but it was still delicious.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

YUm! We are BBQ chicken lovers in our house and these sounds great! We usually do something similar for Super Bowl so maybe I'll keep these in mind.