inspired by recipe by Anne Coleman (aka short order mom) for Disney Family
-Basic Dough Recipe (you could always use another dough recipe or frozen bread dough)
1 pkg yeast
1 c hot water
1 T sugar
1 t oil
1/4 t salt
2 1/2 c flour (start with 1 1/2 c and add more until you get desired consistency)
Directions for dough:
Dissolve yeast in water in large mixing bowl. (I used my Kitchen Aid with the dough hook.) Add sugar, oil, salt and 1 1/2 c flour. Mix. Gradually add in more flour until a dough ball forms. Turn out onto floured surface, cover, and let rest 10 minutes.
1/4 pound sliced ham
1/4 pound sliced salami
1 c shredded mozzarella
1/4 chopped onion
1/4 c banana pepper rings
Directions for calzone:
1. Roll out dough into an 8 in by 12 in rectangle.
2. Layer ham and salami down center of each rectangle lengthwise.
3. Top meats with onion, cheese, and peppers.
4. Fold short ends of rectangle in about 1/2 inch and seal. Roll from the long sides and pinch well to seal the entire loaf. You should have a long roll.
5. Bake, seam side down on a greased baking sheet in a 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cut roll into 8 slices and serve with marinara for dipping.