Monday, January 30, 2012

The Plague

We were hit with the plague last week. Okay, plague might be a slight exaggeration, but if you share my hatred of the stomach flu, you may find it justified. We were awaken Monday night to Peachy crying in her room. What I found in her bed was not pleasant, not pleasant at all. We were awoken throughout the night to her crying and our rushing in with the puke bucket. I lost count of how many times we were down there, but I do know we went through 3 sets of sheets that night. Thankfully she was pretty much over it by the morning. She vegged out for most of the Tuesday and didn't really eat much, but at least she wasn't puking and was holding down some liquids and solids.
Peachy on Tuesday
By Wednesday afternoon she was bopping around the house just in time for me to wake up Thursday morning to a feeling in my stomach that filled me with dread. Sure enough, I hadn't escapes the germ warfare that had hit our home. I figured out I had it in time to keep Mr. Cherry home from work as I knew I wouldn't be able to care for the girls. I spent most of the day between the bed and the bathroom. But by the evening I felt well enough to drink some 7-Up. Thank goodness that the stomach flu is short lived. And thank goodness that it only hit half of the family.
Peachy on Wednesday

No comments: