Friday, October 21, 2011

Foodie Friday: Easy Fried Cheese Sticks

Here is another recipe I found form Pinterest. When I saw it, I knew I had to try it because I had leftover wonton wrappers just sitting in the fridge. And because they are so good for you. The original recipe is from Taste of Home.

Easy Fried Cheese Sticks
Ingredients:
string cheese, cut in half
wonton wrappers
oil, for frying
pizza sauce, for dipping
Directions:
1. Place string cheese near bottom corner of wonton wrapper. Begin rolling wrapper around cheese, folding side corners in as you roll. Wet top corner of wrapper to seal. Repeat with remaining cheese and wrappers.
2. Heat half inch of oil to 375 degrees. (I used a small sauce pan to contain the grease splatters.)
3. Fry sticks a few at a time for 30-60 seconds on each side until golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain. Serve with warmed pizza sauce.

No comments: