Friday, August 5, 2011
Foodie Friday: Flatbread Pizza
Do you all remember my love for pizza? It is still going strong. It is a rare pizza I meet and don't like. The other night I whipped up these flatbread pizzas and they were delicious. I made them in the oven, but they might be even better on a grill.
-4 pieces naan bread
-Garlic and chive cream cheese
-Shredded cheddar jack cheese
1. Preheat pizza stone in oven at 425.
2. Drizzle naan with olive oil. Place naan on pizza stone and allow to crisp for 5-10 minutes. (Just keep an eye on it to make sure that it doesn't burn.)
3. Remove naan and spread with cream cheese. Top with spinach, tomatoes, artichokes, and cheese.
4. Place pizzas back on pizza stone and cook until cheese is melted, about 7-10 minutes.
5. Remove onto pizza peel, slice and enjoy!