"Searching the web for a fast, easy, and delicious dinner recipe? Well, look no further! Michelle on allrecipes.com did a fantastic job putting this tasty Cordon Bleu Chicken Roll recipe together! It’s good til the last bite!"
§ 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
§ 8 slices cooked ham
§ 4 slices Swiss cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces
§ salt and pepper to taste
§ 1 teaspoon dried thyme
§ 1/4 cup melted butter
§ 1/2 cup cornflakes cereal crumbs
Cordon Bleu Sauce:
§ 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
§ 1/2 cup sour cream
§ 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place each chicken breast half between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet to about 1/8 inch thickness. Place a finger of cheese on each ham slice and sprinkle lightly with thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Roll up seasoned ham and cheese 'jellyroll-style', then roll each chicken breast with ham and cheese inside. Tuck in ends and fasten with toothpicks.
- Place melted butter in a small bowl and place cereal crumbs in a shallow dish or bowl. Dip each chicken roll in butter or margarine, then roll in crumbs, turning to coat thoroughly. Place coated rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for about 40 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear. Serve with cordon bleu sauce, if desired.
- To Make Cordon Bleu Sauce: In a small saucepan mix together the soup, sour cream and lemon juice. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, and serve hot over chicken rolls. Makes about 2 cups; 8 servings of 1/4 cup each.
--Thanks for sharing the recipe, Danielle! I can't wait to try it.