I just finished one of my Christmas projects. We ended up evacuating (I use this term loosely) our home a bit earlier than expected due to an impending snowstorm. This cut my crafting time a few days short. I threw some of my projects into a bag in the van and hoped to finish them at my in-laws' house. I got a few things done, but this project just wasn't meant to be done on time. I had difficulties with an unfamiliar sewing machine and ended up with a bunched up mess. I decided it would be best to take the project home and finish it in the comfort of my own craft area.
This quillow is for my nephew and godson, E. He has always been interested in maps and figuring out where different members of his family are living. When I saw this Unites States fabric at Hobby Lobby I immediately thought of him. I loved the vintage look to it and the bright colors, too. I found a solid blue to finish off the back and used a fabric from my stash for the binding.
Now that it is done, I am happy with how it turned out. I will admit that it was a bit frustrating to have to rip it all out and start over, but that is the way it goes. I did find a clever way to get rid of the ripped out thread stragglers. After ripping the quilting out, I went over the quilt with one of those lint rollers. Viola, no stray threads left behind!! I am so glad that I thought of that. It saved me the time and agony of picking off all of the threads by hand.
Once I get it into the mail this week it should only be a month late. Not too bad. :o) Hope you like it, E!!! (I also hope that it is okay that I let your cousin model it for this picture, even if she does have orangish hair.)