Friday, January 22, 2010

Foodie Friday: Homemade Chicken Nuggets



When M was out of town recently I decided that I really NEEDED some chicken nuggets for supper. I also decided that it would be silly to drag Little Peachy out to fulfill my craving. Enter a recipe that I knew was hidden away in my cookbook stash for homemade chicken nuggets. They take a little time and a little work but they were just what I was looking for.


Ingredients:
-4 skinless chicken breasts
-2 eggs, slightly beaten
-1 1/2 T soy sauce
-1/8 t white pepper
-2 T cornstarch
-Vegetable oil
-1 c flour
-1 c water
-1/2 c cornstarch
-2 T oil
-Salt
-1 t baking soda

Directions:
Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Mix eggs, soy sauce, white pepper and 2 T cornstarch in a glass bowl; stir in chicken pieces. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a wok or 12-inch skillet to approximately 350. Mix flour, water, cornstarch, oil, salt and baking soda. Stir in chicken until well coated. Fry about 15 pieces at a time for 3 minutes, turning frequently, until light brown. Drain on paper towels. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.

No comments: