These Soft and Spicy Gingerbread Cookies are as delicious as they are pretty. They do involve rolling, cutting, and decorating, but they really aren't all that complicated. I found this recipe on the blog "Good Things Catered." (Be sure to check out that blog for lots of yummy ideas.)
Soft and Spicy Gingerbread Cookies (Pictured on far left.)
-1 c. butter
-1 c. sugar
-1 c. molasses
-4 c. flour
-1 t. salt
-1 1/2 t. baking powder
-1/2 t. baking soda
-1 t. cinnamon
-2 t. ground cloves
-2 t. ground ginger
-1 t. ground nutmeg
1. Cream butter and sugar in mixer.
2. Add molasses and egg.
3. Combine remaining ingredients. Add to mixer. Mix until smooth.
4. Cover and chill for at least one hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment.
6. Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness on lightly floured surface.
7. Cut with cookie cutter. (I used a star. Katie used a snowflake. You can use whatever you want!!)
8. Place two inches apart on prepared sheets.
9. Bake for ten minutes until firm.
10. Let cool for 10 minutes on pan and then remove to wire rack.
11. Frost when cool. I mixed powdered sugar and milk until I got my desired consistency. I placed the cookies on waxed paper and drizzled the frosting over the cookies. Before the frosting hardened, I sprinkled it with large crystal sugar.