Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Vacancy


We have a vacancy in our home. Little Peachy no longer calls our closet her home. She is now residing in her proper place, her very own room.

While it is nice to be able to move about freely without the worry of waking the baby, it is hard to put that much distance between us. I put her in her own crib at night and if all goes well, I won't see her again for many hours.

I know this is just the first minor step toward independence. One day I will send her off to school. (Right Jenny?) And then I may end up sending her off to a foreign land. (Right mom?) Everyone says to enjoy these years because they are fleeting. I am already catching a small glimpse that in these past four months. Where did my little newborn go?

She is doing pretty well with the change. Her sleeping patterns haven't really seen a change. Some nights we are running down the stairs every few hours to stick a pacifier back in and some nights we don't hear from her until it is time to eat again. (And so far I haven't tripped down the steps in the middle of the night. Quite an accomplishment I would say.)

This is the smiling face that greets me most mornings. I would say that she is pretty happy in her new digs. Wouldn't you?

In other Peachy news, we have taken a cloth diaper break. She developed a severe diaper rash over the last week and we are working at clearing it up. Thankfully it is working. Now I just have to decide which of the many changes did the trick. I really don't want to go back to her crying in pain at every diaper change. That is a sad thing for a mommy to handle.
There is another vacancy in the house this week as well. M had to leave town for work. Originally he was scheduled to leave in July, which got postponed to August, which got postponed until now. I see the Lord's hand in this as I don't know if I would have been able to handle being alone for several days before now. Thankfully I have been doing much better and it is not such a daunting task at this time. I thank the Lord for the good days that I have been having.

No comments: