Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter

I like to talk on the phone.

I like to talk on the phone a lot.

I mainly talk to my family. It is a good thing that my sisters, mom, dad, and I all share the same cell phone company. That way we don't use any minutes as all of our calls are cell-to-cell. (I don't know what I will do when both of my sisters are out of the country and we can't use those free minutes for unimaginably long conversations. I guess we will be looking into Skype.) We recently got a landline and I now use the unlimited long distance to talk to several friends. It is so nice not to have to worry about how long a conversation has gone on.

Little Peachy has started to become quite vocal at times. She will blabber on at me or any inanimate object that looks like it might need some company. When my mom was here, she also started to talk on the phone. She and my mom would call up grandpa and have some nice little chats. It is fun to watch her listen and respond. Sometimes you can see she wants to say something, but can't quite get the sound out. Too cute.

I guess that the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. (Just think, soon she will be walking around with a toy phone imitating how I talk on the real phone. I had better watch out.)

Of course she was jabbering away until I got the camera out. :o)

1 comment:

Micki said...

Hey Kristi-- Skype is just great- you will love it! It's fun for me to see my niece that way. And for the cost, you can't beat it! :)