Thursday, July 9, 2009

Foodie Friday: Bacon Chicken Pasta Salad


No, your eyes are not deceiving you. It is Thursday. I decided since I skipped last week and since I will be attending a funeral tomorrow, I would post Foodie Friday a day early this week. Enjoy!

While staying at my parents' house, I reverted back to my old ways. When I was younger I took it upon myself to prepare summer lunches for the members of my family when they came home for a lunch break. Since I was at the house during the day this week, I figured I could start the tradition again. Only this time around, I came up with my own recipe rather than resorting to a blue and yellow box that comes with noodles and an orange powder.

Ingredients:
-8 oz penne regata pasta, cooked and rinsed in cold water
-one chicken breast, cooked and cut into inch cubes
-3 Roma tomatoes, diced
-5 slices bacon, cooked and diced
-1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
-15 oz. chick peas
-1/2 c. mayo
-2 T ranch dressing mix

Mix together. Chill. Serve.

No comments: