Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A New Woman

Now that Little Peachy is here I can do all of the naughty things I couldn't when I was pregnant. Now I can eat cold cut sandwiches and color my hair!! (You don't know how much you will miss deli meat until you can't have it.)

**Not all sources forbid these practices when you are pregnant. In the end, you have to decide for yourself what you are and are not comfortable with.**

I decided to try my hand at coloring and highlighting my hair at home rather than in the salon. I ended up choosing Loreal Colour Experte Express. This is a two-step process. The first step is color and the second is highlights. I did the color here at home and took the highlighting portion along with me to M's parents' home this weekend so my sister-in-law/bff could help me apply them.

Step one, color:


Step two, highlight:



Step three, haircut:


Sorry, these aren't the best pictures. I am happy with the results. I think that next time I will leave the highlighting solution a bit longer. (I didn't want to overdo it.)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Love it! How cool that they sell kits that cover the whole thing - I've never colored my hair, but all of you DIY hair color bloggers are making me less anxious about it.

Anonymous said...

You look good!