Friday, June 26, 2009

Foodie Friday: Strawberry Cream Freeze


Since I didn't grab a picture of my completed dessert, you get a picture of the picture on the Nilla Wafer box. (I am resourceful, aren't I?!!)
Company was coming. You know what that means. Time to find a brand new recipe to try out on the unsuspecting victims. As I sat holding Peachy, I clicked over to the Kraft Foods website and did a quick dessert search. I found the recipe for Strawberry Cream Freeze. what do you know? I had already tore this recipe from a magazine thinking that it looked yummy, so Strawberry Cream Freeze it would be. (And when I went to purchase the ingredients, the Nilla Wafer box also had the recipe. This recipe was screaming to be made by me.)
Ingredients:
-8 oz cream cheese, softened
-1 c. cold milk
-1 pkg. instant vanilla puddin'
-1 1/2 c. Cool Whip, thawed
-20 Nilla Wafers, coarsely broken
-1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
-1/2 c. strawberry ice cream topping
-1 pre-made Oreo pie crust**
What to do:
Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix and beat for two minutes. Stir in Cool Whip, Wafers, and berries. Swirl in topping. Spoon into pie crust and freeze for 6 hours.
**The recipe offers two additional serving methods. You can just freeze the mix and serve it in waffle bowls. Or you can spoon the mix into 12 cupcake liners, freeze for four hours and remove from liners.

No comments: