Friday, June 19, 2009

Foodie Friday: Make-Ahead Meatballs

Here is another freezer recipe. (I think I have one more and then we'll be done with the prepare ahead recipes.) I have been tossing these into spaghetti sauce and letting them defrost in the sauce. I also made some hand pies with the leftover sauce one day. (I kind of forgot that the sauce had meatballs in it. They made for lumpy meat pies, but they were still good.)

Ingredients:
-2 eggs
-1 c dry bread crumbs
-1/4 c finely chopped onion
-1/2 T salt
-1 t Worcestershire sauce
-1/4 t pepper
-2 lbs. ground beef

Directions:
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add next five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1" balls. (I used my cookie scoop to get even amounts and then reformed them a bit with my hands.)
Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning often; drain.
Once cooled, place meatballs into Ziploc storage bag and freeze.

No comments: