Friday, May 29, 2009

Foodie Friday: Chicken Noodle Casserole

I am sorry that I don't have pictures of the next few Foodie Fridays. They were all made before Little Peachy's arrival and there were other things on my mind right then. (Like there are any less now.) :o)

I made a large batch of this. We ate one portion the day that I made it and the other is still in our freezer waiting for us. (It is so nice having meals ready to go in the freezer. It saves me having to go to the grocery store with the little one and it is so much easier than trying to figure out how to get cooking fit into her feeding schedule. I know that when the time comes, it will all fall into place, but for now it is a great blessing.)

Chicken Noodle Casserole
serves 8-12 (4-6 divided) makes two 9x13 pans

Ingredients:
-6 c. cooked and diced chicken breast
-42 oz cream of anything soup
-2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
-16 oz narrow noodles; dry
-16 oz chicken broth
-3 c. frozen mixed vegetables

Cook noodles according to package directions. Mix soup, broth, vegetables, and chicken in large bowl. Gently toss in cooked noodles. If cooking right away, place in casserole dish and top with grated cheese. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.

To freeze: mix as directed above. Place in Ziplock bag, but omit the cheese.
To serve: thaw completely. Add to casserole dish and top with cheese. Bake at 325 for about 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Keep the ideas comin'! Then I won't have to think about what to make ahead of time...I'll just use all your ideas. :) Thanks!