Monday, January 12, 2009

4000 Miles!!

Since December 25th, M and I have logged over 4000 miles in the car and made it to 7 states. While, it was great getting to see everyone, I think we will just stay put and enjoy each other's company for a while. And believe it or not, but we actually had fair to good driving conditions for all legs of the trip. A true blessing.

Here is a timeline of all of our travels:
  • 12/25 M and I head to my sister and bother-in-law's house for Christmas with my family
  • 12/26 M takes off to meet up with his brother in Colorado for a day of skiing*
  • 12/27 my two sisters, my bro-in-law and I head out to Colorado**
  • 12/28-12/30 we head to a cabin at Sylvan Lake State Park with my aunt, uncle, cousins, sisters, and brother-in-law
  • 12/30-12/31 my younger sister, M, and I begin to head back
  • 12/31-1/4 my parents meet up with us to pick up my sister and M and I go on to celebrate Christmas with his family
  • 1/4-1/8 M and I enjoy 96 hours back at home
  • 1/8-1/11 M and I head out again, this time for my grandma's funeral, meeting up with my sisters on the way
  • 1/11 we are home again with no plans to travel until February

Interesting side notes. (Okay, they are interesting to me, so just nod and play along.)

*My parents and M were together at my sister and brother-in-law's house for an hour before M took off for skiing. Its not that they don't get along, just that plans had changed many times for this Christmas.

**As we are nearing my aunt and uncle's house (after being on the road for nearly 8 of the 10 hour trip) M called me. He asked where we were as he was done skiing and heading to their house as well. He just so happened to be merging onto the interstate almost directly behind us. In less than five minutes he had caught up to us and was able to follow us the rest of the way.

I will post some pictures from all of our Christmas celebrations in future posts.

No comments: